Threading is a hair removal technique which removes multiple hairs in a line, row-by-row, to shape facial hair. Threading is very precise and allows the esthetician to have greater control over which hairs are removed, So where waxes remove any swath of hair it comes into contact with, which can sometimes result in harsh lines, threading allows for a more natural look.
The benefits of threading are:
- Great results – Eyebrow threading gives more precise results than waxing.
- Quick appointments – Fast, with the average eyebrow treatment taking 15 minutes or less.
- No ingrown hairs – Not only is it gentler than waxing, doesn’t cause ingrown hairs.
- Easy on sensitive skin – An all-natural procedure that uses no chemicals.
- Works for everyone – Unlike some hair removal treatments, threading works for people with all skin types and hair colors.
Skin care after threading
While there are few risks, it can lightly irritate your skin so it’s important to treat your skin with care after your threading experience. If you’re uncomfortable, apply a cold compress to the affected area to reduce any redness and follow with moisturizer. If you have sensitive skin, avoid exfoliation for a couple of days after your treatment.
Threading is a low-risk beauty treatment but it’s not suitable in every situation. If you have acne, it’s best not to thread that area because it could cause further damage to your skin. There is also some risk of folliculitis—inflammation of hair follicles—but no more than with other types of hair removal such as shaving, waxing, and tweezing.